The Anova Culinary Gen 2 Circulator is great for anyone looking to start in sous vide!
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | WI-FI + Bluetooth | 900W | Anova App Included
4 used from $139.99
- ANOVA PRECISION COOKER WI-FI - Perfect to cook from anywhere with WI-FI. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable clamp
- COOK LIKE A PRO - The Anova Precision Cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide Circulator is the perfect kitchen appliance for hands-off cooking of vegetables, meat and much more with consistent control and precision. We're so confident in our product Anova backs it with a 2-year warranty
- PERFECT RESULTS, EVERY TIME - Precision Cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method. No dry edges and no rare centers. Juices and flavors don't escape. Food comes out perfectly moist and tender. Continuous temperature control provides reliable and consistent results, every time. Perfect for vegetables, meat, fruit, cheese and much more
- SMART DEVICE CONTROL & COOKING NOTIFICATIONS - The Precision Cooker can be controlled remotely with smart devices, allowing you to escape from the kitchen while you cook. Simply download the Anova app to easily monitor, adjust or control the device from your iPhone and Android or other smart devices. The Precision Cooker also provides you cooking notifications while you're out of the kitchen so you'll know when your food is ready. The Precision Cooker's WI-FI connection allows you to control the device from anywhere
- EASY TO USE - Simply attach the Precision Cooker to any pot, add water, drop in desired food in a sealed bag or glass jar. Start cooking with the touch of a button. The sous vide cooker's timer and precise temperature control allow you to step away and relax while your food cooks perfectly. No additional equipment needed
2015 was the year that I first started working in kitchens. It was around that time I also made my 2nd sous vide purchase and picked up the gen 2, Anova Precision Cooker. Shortly after it seemed to overtake my ChefSteps Joule (click here to view my comparison) as the go-to device for a cook, and since then has remained my go-to tool over the Joule.
The Anova Precision circulator is easily the top model for all home cooks, specifically, those just getting started. This Gen 2 model features both the ability to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth & Wifi, but also features onboard controls. We feel that ANY home cook can get this up and running within minutes. Best of all you can monitor your cooks from anywhere you have internet access ensuring the safety of your home and loved ones, not to mention your food!!! Since the product release in 2014, this model has gained quite a following and thus its track record. Proving that this is and will be one of the best bangs for your buck for some time to come, or at least until the gen 3 is released in 2019-2020. Whether you consider yourself the next top chef or you rank yourself as new, beginner, intermediate, or an expert in the kitchen; this tool will work wonders for your meals. However, if you are someone to classify yourself above intermediate we may advise more power in your sous vide circulator model.
- Quality Compact Design - Easy to clean
- Onboard and wireless controls + LED interface
- Bluetooth & Wifi support
- IOS & Android support
- Excellent Customer Service
- Long heating times toward reaching set temps.
- New model releasing soon
Things to note about the ‘Anova Precision Cooker’
Anova has done a great job in design. Similar to what you would expect after purchasing an Apple product I suppose. And after you have enjoyed slowly opening the box it was shipped in, exploring the facts they have strung across it, and unboxing your new toy, you too get to realize the beauty in the design. You will notice it has the ability to be taken apart with a simple twist motion, allowing for easy access in cleaning or repair if there ever were the need. Their circulator was built to last & built to work in my opinion. That goes without saying I have encountered one structural problem that may eventually lead to the death of my machine? That is… the design of the 360-degree pump/ rotor and dowl that it protrudes out of the base from – allows it to slightly rub across the heating element coil as it rotates in use. This can be better noted when after powering up for a cook, an off hum sound that spawns near the coil. I’ve only noticed this at the start of a cook, and only on random occasions, it would seem until i’ve fixed it. To do just this, it is quite simple. Start by removing the bottom stainless cap and placing slight pressure on the 360-degree pump re-centering the stainless dowel that it protrudes out of the black top from. Doing so places it back into the center of the device and greatly reduces the noise as there is no more contact or friction to cause said noise.
Design aside, I’ve only got one gripe I suppose. That this model contains a 900Watt heating element. Which for its newly reduced price is not too bad at all. But does tends to drag when it comes time for bringing your bath up to whichever temperature you are aiming for. To combat this, I usually start with warm/ hot water from the faucet. In doing so I have no complaints about the time it takes to reach the desired set temperature really. And if you plan ahead like I almost always do, you won’t ever have to worry about your water not being ready.
So why do I say that maybe this should be your next, or first purchase of a circulator?
Well, I truly believe that this model is of great capacity, for someone starting off. As technology has progressed there are more powerful models that someone could buy, but… If you’re not sure that sous vide cooking is for you & your loved ones, or perhaps you can’t get your spouse to go along with it like you are. Why spend the extra money for an even better product. Instead play it safe I say, spend less use more. Get to know the terms, the tech, and the methods involved with sous vide. If that time investment works with you, by all means, upgrade! But for now, the Anova Gen 3 Precisions Cooker is the way to go.
Especially as this model is currently listed on Amazon for 1/2 off its normal cost! That’s some dam good savings people! Especially for culinary tech!